Forecyte Bio Limited
7495 New Horizon Way, Suite 130-150, Frederick，MD 21703
Tel.: +1 215-589-3593
177 Yiwei Road, Pilot free trade zone, Shanghai, China
Tel.：+86 21 80438700
The Viral Vector Technology Platform Scientist carries out tasks such as upstream or downstream process development, scale up, as well as GMP manufacturing for viral vectors. The candidate will ensure scientifically sound design and scalable processes are developed and properly executed. The candidate is expected to be highly self-motivated, well organized, productive, and have the desire to thrive.
Key responsibilities and roles:
• Develop and optimize viral vector production processes, upstream or downstream
• Provide reliable and result oriented services to customers
• Set up viral vector GMP production procedures and SOPs
• Ensure the successful technology transfer of projects from customers to process development and GMP production
• Engage in project details such as experimental designs and executions
• Work collaboratively with other internal team members
• PhD in a life science with 0-1 years of related industrial experience or Master’s degree with 3 years of related industrial experience or Bachelor’s degree with 5 years of related industrial experience
• Implement knowledge/expertise to successfully execute virus development projects for viral vectors
• Previous experience in CDMO industries or working in a GMP environment is desirable.
• Ability to think critically, demonstrate troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
• Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership in areas of responsibility and willingness to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description.
• Ability to work and collaborate in cross functional teams.
• Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• High energy level and a positive outlook coupled with the requisite "can do" attitude and a willingness to do what it takes to achieve personal and organizational goals and overcome obstacles.
Company offers competitive benefits in the industry including 401(k), 401(k) matching, Dental insurance, Flexible schedule, Flexible spending account, Health insurance, Health savings account, Life insurance, Paid time off, Referral program, Vision insurance
Supplemental Pay: Bonus pay