Forecyte Bio Limited
21 Byte Court, Frederick MD 21702
Tel.: +1 215-589-3593
The Viral Vector Technology Platform Director manages a variety aspect of the group, from process development to engineering runs and GMP production, and covers both upstream to downstream operations.
Key responsibilities and roles:
• Set up viral vector GMP production procedures and SOP
• Establish a qualified team with enthusiastic and accountable working environment
• Drive continuous improvement and operational excellence culture in the team
• Provide leadership, guidance, and training to staff to create a quality-centric organization
• Provide reliable and result oriented services to customers.
• Proactively lead plans to meet deliverables and timeline for individual programs.
• Ensure the successful technical transfer of projects from customers to process development and GMP production
• Act as subject matter expert in upstream and downstream processes to resolve real time issues
• Interface and collaborate with other functional teams in analytics, operation, QC, BD, PM etc. in planning, execution, and technical trouble shooting.
• 5+ years working and management experience in a biotech GMP production environment. Experience in viral vector GMP production is preferred
• PhD in a life science with 5 years of related industrial experience or Master’s degree and 8 years of related industrial experience or Bachelor’s degree and 12 years of related industrial experience
• Demonstrate and stay up to date on the knowledge and principles in Cell/Gene Therapy Development, viral vector development, and GMP manufacturing at both early and late stages, and regulatory filings. Alternative experience in biologics and vaccine will also be considered.
• The successful candidate will be responsible for integrating and oversight the end-to-end development activities related to viral vector to ensure timely milestone deliveries of individual pipeline programs. Strong organizational, interpersonal, writing, and time management skills; ability to work effectively in a functional and cross-functional collaborative environment, and to objectively drive results for the team
• Critical thinking. Strong troubleshooting skills.
• Strong attention to detail with ability to multi-task and handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Previous experience in CDMO industries is desirable
• Demonstrated leadership capacity with excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership in areas of responsibility and willingness to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description
• High energy level and a positive outlook coupled with the requisite "can do" attitude and a willingness to do what it takes to achieve personal and organizational goals and overcome obstacles.
Company offers competitive benefits in the industry including 401(k), 401(k) matching, Dental insurance, Flexible schedule, Flexible spending account, Health insurance, Health savings account, Life insurance, Paid time off, Referral program, Vision insurance
Supplemental Pay: Bonus pay